Customer journey mapping is all about visualizing, and adding colors to your map is a great way to make it more impactful.
How to paint CJM sections
There are 2 ways to paint the sections of your journey map.
Color a single box in a row
Click on the tiny stripe located on the left side of a text box and then choose any color you want.
Color the entire row
If you want to change the color of the entire section row,
- Hover to the section’s name.
- Click on the color picker icon.
- You’ll see a popup window that will prompt you to choose a background and font color to apply to the selected row. There’s also a PREVIEW section where you can preview a new design.
If you want to have a wider choice of colors, you can add brand colors to the color picker.
How to use section coloring in journey mapping
You can use color-coding to:
- Highlight the problematic or successful steps of the customer journey, as well as moments of truth and ideas/opportunities.
- Add your company's or client's brand color to make the map look more in line with the corporate style.
- Visually separate frontstage and backstage processes while creating a service blueprint.
- Make stages and substages visually stand out over the sections.