Surely, having plain text in your journey maps and personas is a good way to communicate customer goals, describe processes and pain points. But it’s so much better to be able to stylize your text and set accents, highlight words, or just simply change the font type and its size.
You can do all that and more with the help of our text formatter.
But first, quick insert. Every time you click on an empty field, you'll see a little plus icon show up. Click it to get access to a quick insert menu that you can use to add pictures, lists, dividers, and even tables to your text boxes.
Now, for the text formatter, you can access it through selecting any text within your journey maps, personas or impact maps. Here’s what it looks like:
Let’s take a look at its main features.
- Edit your text. You can use the formatter to add some style to your text, e.g. make it bold or italic, change size, background and text color. Click on the A⋮ icon to extend the text editing toolkit.
- Insert table & links. You can easily insert tables and links into your journey maps with just a couple of clicks.
- Insert images and UXPressia Storyboard. Having a couple of images to illustrate your point is always a good idea. With the help of the formatter, you can upload your own images, paste URLs to images on the internet or use UXPressia Storyboard. To open the Storyboard, click on the “Insert image” button (Ctrl + P) on the text formatter and select the folder icon.
- Insert emojis. You can also insert emojis into your journey map to visualize customers’ emotions in any text box.
- Use Font Awesome symbols. Font Awesome is the Web’s most popular icon toolkit. Use it in addition to the Process & Channels section to communicate visually all the details of your customer journey.