Would it be nice if you could make a template that you could reuse over and over? Well, you can. And the best part is you can template not only journey maps, but personas and impact maps, too. You can do so in the two following ways:
Create a template from scratch
- Create a new project called with a new map or persona inside:
- Now open up the map or persona that you want to turn into a template and add all the necessary stages and sections that you typically use. Feel free to add colors and styles as well.
To use this template, just copy it to a new project and there you have it. It would also make sense to set up a "Templates" folder in your folder list and put your template project there so you and your team can easily locate it.
Turn existing project into a template
If you want to turn an existing map/persona into a template, that's even easier.
- Just locate the map or persona that you want to make a template from;
- Click copy button. In the pop-up;
- Select where you want to copy this map or persona;
- Check "Clear all content" and hit COPY.
And that's it - the copied document will have the same structure and style as the original but without any content in it so you and your team can reuse it and save tons of precious hours.
❗ Please note that this template will not appear on the public template page, it will only be visible to you and your workspace members.